We’re excited to announce a NEW opportunity for our Woods Project alumni. Through our work with The Woods Project, we have the opportunity to connect amazing young adults with our best available classroom — the outdoors. Your high school investment with The Woods Project provided you the resources and opportunity to build the behaviors to help you find success throughout your high school career. We value the work we provide throughout your high school years, and we want to stay involved in helping you find success in school and life! The Woods Project is proud to announce its first continuing education scholarship, available to TWP alumni who have graduated high school and are enrolled in a post-high school education program.
For the 2019-2020 program year, The Woods Project will award 3 scholarships to 3 separate individuals, totaling $2,000.00. Available are 2 scholarships at $500.00 each and 1 scholarship at $1,000.00. Applications are due by Friday, October 11, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of staff and volunteers. Finalists may be contacted by a staff member or volunteer of The Woods Project. Scholarship recipients will be notified by Wednesday, November 7, 2019 .
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Graduates of an accredited high school in spring 2019 or before.
2. Participation in TWP programming. Examples of programming include: club meetings, Junior Leader Program (formerly Junior Advisory Board), weekend and/or summer trip, Walk for the Woods Project, alumni opportunities such as Bold & Gold, and other events (meetings, fundraisers, community outreach)
3. A copy of your transcript/proof of enrollment in an institution or organization of advancement (community college, college, university, trade or vocational school). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
4. Demonstrate and reflect an understanding of the TWP’s 7 traits.
5. Commit to a minimum of 4 hours of community service with The Woods Project within the 2019-2020 program year.
6. A completed recommendation form by an adult (employer, teacher, TWP leader are good examples)
Use the following links to apply, and be sure to forward the recommendation form for a reference.
We’re always interested in reconnecting with our alumni, so even if you’re not considering applying for the scholarship, please take a few moments to fill out our alumni survey available HERE.
All eligible TWP alumni are encouraged to apply. Please feel free to contact Michael Valdez at michael@thewoodsproject with any questions or concerns. And good luck!