What: Sea Kayaking, Leadership Focus and Career Development
Where: Apostle Islands, Wisconsin
When: June 13 – June 27, 2017
Application Due Date: Tuesday, February 14th
The Woods Project is excited to announce a special opportunity for our alumni – a summer program to be held at a new location: Apostle Islands!
The Apostle Islands are home to 21 islands and 12 miles of preserved lake shore on Lake Superior in Northern Wisconsin! The Apostle Islands are known for its collection of historic lighthouses, sandstone sea caves, a few old growth forests and natural animal habitats. The Woods Project is offering a special opportunity for 25 TWP students who show strong leadership skills, willingness to try new things (like sea kayaking!) and are ready for a spectacular adventure.
The summer program is limited to students who have participated and excelled in at least one summer program with TWP. Our summer program will include 9 days of front country development including hiking, sea kayaking and leadership. We will also be completing a 5-night backcountry experience that will involve island hopping in your tandem sea kayak. This is sure to be a life-changing experience where you will build on past TWP skills and hone your leadership abilities through a new experience!
To be eligible to attend the Apostle Island Alumni Sea Kayaking Trip with The Woods Project, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have successfully attended at least one summer program with TWP (current 12th graders are welcome to apply)
- Have a strong interest in leadership development
- Have an open mind and be interested in exploring new ideas and places
- Have demonstrated leadership skills in past TWP trips
- Demonstrate a strong behavioral record in your classes
- Be mature, responsible, and willing to work with others
- Be in good physical shape and able to engage in strenuous physical activity
- Proficiency in swimming is not required, but applicants must be comfortable with being on, near, or in water for several hours at a time
To apply, please click here! Applications are due Feb 14!
Questions? Contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org