Thanks to support from the ExxonMobil Community Summer Jobs Program, The Woods Project is looking to hire an undergraduate student for an 8-week Alumni Outreach Intern position to begin in late May 2016. The intern will receive a stipend of $2,750.
The person selected to fill this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and implement sustainable plan to increase alumni participation in program
- Create maintainable method for gathering alumni data
- Retrieve reliable contact information for alumni
- Contact alumni regarding contact information, school enrollment and performance, employment/career information, and feelings about The Woods Project
- Use TWP social media accounts to engage alumni
- Use Form Assembly and Salesforce computer programs to organize alumni data (person will be taught how to use these programs)
- Develop sustainable plan to update alumni data at least once a year
- Assist in preparation and implementation of 2016 TWP Summer Program
- Collect and organize documents and other materials for use during summer program
- Assist in assessment of outdoor equipment condition, repair and/or replacement of damaged equipment, and packing of equipment bags to be shipped to summer locations
- Assist in communications with locations during first week of summer program
- Assist with other duties as needed to ensure a successful summer program, including contacting parents and students prior to trip
Applicants must be current undergraduate students who will be returning to college full time in Fall 2016 as a sophomore, junior or senior. This is a great opportunity for a TWP Alum who is looking to gain experience in the nonprofit sector and give back to the community. The ideal applicant will be able to communicate in English and Spanish and will have an outgoing personality.